Kitchen Cabinet Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently refitting the kitchen and have to hang some cabinets on a partition wall.

I know (roughly) where the studs are but don't think i will be able to fix to them with every cabinet hanger.

Can some one recommend so fixing that will take a good deal of weight and not pull out of plaster board?

This is a bit of a worry as S.W.M.B.O tends to fill cabinets with enough tins of food to feed half of the 3rd world!

Thanks,

Martin

Sponsored Links
Heavy duty plasterboard fixing for wall unit,radiator etc...
p29l-prod.gif

Do not use any others plasterboard fixing as this will spreading the load at the back of the plasterboard where'er plastic type fixing can be overtighten.

Some wall unit have room at the back so you can make up a timber at the back of the unit and fixed it to the side of the unit then screw it into the timber stud wherever it is.

I always fit a timber batten under the wall unit to rest on then fix it to the timber stud then colour match it with your kitchen and if you fit a lighting pelmet on the front of the bottom of the unit you won't noticed the batten at the back.

Thanks Masona, i like the idea of the batten under the cabinets. I have a pelmet on the bottom so it wouldnt be seen. I also have some extra pelmet to match the cabinets so could even use this.

I will take a look in B and Q tonight for the fixings and let you know how i get on later in the week *fingers crossed*

Martin

I always find the diy superstore are expensive,best try something like screwfix 10 for £1.20 and B & Q 10 for £6.40 hmmmmmm!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back