Fitting wall Kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

i'm fixing some wall kitchen cabinets to a wall.Any ideas what size screws to use to fix the brackets.The misses put all sorts of heavy stuff in these cabinets.ie Tinned food.
I'm using 2 1/2" x 10g wood screws at the moment screwed into masonary using nylon pugs .Are they ok

Sponsored Links
I would add another inch to the screw length but set the depth stop on your drill or add a bit of tape to the drill bit as a guide so you don't drill all the way through the wall.

Thanks for that.The thing is the instructions says use round head screws that are suitable.I like how they say suitable.So if it fell off the wall they can say they were not suitable screws.What a getout.Anyway where can you get this length of screw from.I've only seen them go upto 2 1/2" ones which i have got already in round head form.

Sponsored Links
Use fischer screws...
sxs1.jpg
sxs2.jpg

A little tip,drill into the wall slight angle downward.

Your local hardware store or any of the large usual nationwide DIY stores will do a full range of screws to suit your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back