Putting up Ikea bathroom cabinets on dot'n'dab and timber stud walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a LILLÅNGEN cabinet from Ikea that need to go up in my bathroom, and its size is:

60x21x64 (17.5kg) - IKEA Large Cabinet

It needs to be hung from two screws, one each in two top corners. I live in a new build. One of the walls I want to hang these cabinet on is a dot'n'dab and second one is a wall with timber studs.

My question is this, what type of screws do I use to fix these cabinets to these two walls? and what size should they be?

I did look around but am confused with options and conditions.

Are any of these ones useful for fixing cabinets on dot'n'dab walls -

1. http://www.screwfix.com/p/easydrive...00/1066h#product_additional_details_container - Do these needs raw plugs?
2. http://www.drylinepro.com/

And on timber stud walls - what I understand is a good length screw with plastic raw plug will do?

Many thanks for reading this. Any help you can provide will be very helpful.

Sponsored Links
The first product there is a screw used for driving directly into concrete.....not for you here.
If you can locate the stud wall, you don't use any plastic plug, just a small pilot drill that will reach the timber. Consider 50 x 5 screws for this.
As for the dot and dab, the dryline pro will do, but any long rawlplug will do too. Find the plug first.....maybe an 8mm one if its a heavy cabinet and you need to drill so the plug nicely enters the solid wall behind by say around 40mm. Then see how well the screw goes in.
Drill pilot holes first to prevent the hole becoming too large, and sometimes some PVA glue on the plug helps too.
John :)

You need to know whats behind the D&D, if thermalite standard plugs just pull straight out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back