Kitchen cabinet hinge adjustment screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've acquired a bunch of hinges without the screws. Is there a supplier for these? Couldn't find them on their own (or I'm not searching google for the right thing...)

Thanks!

cabinet-screws.jpg

Sponsored Links
They are IKEA hinges. IKEA has a part number 112459 for the hinge (not bracket) part, but they seem to be discontinued by IKEA. These are the 'open-ended' ones, very similar to toolstation.
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Ir...ardware/sd2674/Concealed+Cabinet+Hinge/p65141 (Hafele). That toolstation one seems to have been discontinued by Hafele according to their website as well.

I've resigned myself to buying new hinges, they don't seem to cost that much from the right place, however even that seems to be a bit tricky. For example toolstation very helpfully just says 110deg, 35mm. What is 35mm?

I need to know the cup size, screw placement and so on, but nobody specs that it seems.

Sponsored Links
I've resigned myself to buying new hinges, they don't seem to cost that much from the right place, however even that seems to be a bit tricky. For example toolstation very helpfully just says 110deg, 35mm. What is 35mm?

I need to know the cup size, screw placement and so on, but nobody specs that it seems.
110° is a basic, fairly standard opening angle suitable for standard cabinets, but you can also get 135°, 180°, etc which can be handy on corner units

35mm? Standard hole diameter for about 95% of kitchen hinges out there.

BTW, when you got these hinges did they come with the cruciform plates? Those are the cross-shaped plates which screw onto the inside of the carcass. They are peculiar to different manufacturers and without those (or the adjuster screws, as you have found out) the hinges are probably scrap as well. Drilling spec? If the hinges you are looking at are Hafele, then the drilling spec is here

Hafele_hinge_drilling_001 01.jpg

Hafele_hinge_drilling_001 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ikea.jpg

OK, that clarifies things a great deal J&K. I have the plates. My holes are 25mm, so the Toolstation one is not going to work. That's the drawing from IKEA, hole centers for the 'cross' are 32mm apart, 28mm from the front of the carcass. Bit difficult to measure but the cups are centered about 18mm from the edge of the door, with the cup fixing screws 25mm in.

Last edited:
...hole centers for the 'cross' are 32mm apart, 28mm from the front of the carcass. Bit difficult to measure but the cups are centered about 18mm from the edge of the door, with the cup fixing screws 25mm in.
Vertical hole spacings of 32mm is pretty standard - known in the trade as "System 32" (invented by Blum back in the 1980s I believe). You should have a millimetre or two leeway in hole drillings which can be taken up with the adjuster on the hinge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back