kitchen companys west yorkshire ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im after a reasonable priced decent quality kitchen from a supplier in west yorks ? considering staxx in leeds..as reasonably priced but not sure if they do a home visit for the plan + do they come built up ? any more local suppliers that you would reccomend to consider ? cheers again :)

Sponsored Links
i normally use howdens but you will need a tradesman to arrange for the plan to be done i find that they have quality kitchens at decent prices however if you follow the link at the bottom, iv had a few kitchens off these that customers have ordered and they have always been very good with both price and quality. they will also arrange for a plan to be drawn uo for you. when they come out and give you the price and plan barter with them as they always knock a fair chunk of money off :LOL:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Keld-...tchen_KitchenFurniture_EH&hash=item5645690aa3

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
advance thats a great option for me i have ordered a sample high gloss cream..& will arrange a home visit..i take it this is free + they state they wont pressure you into a sale ? all carcasses are 18mm which is good and the units are delivered built up another big plus... howdens quoted my joiner who has an account £1800 for my kitchen built up + worktops.. do you think m & s would be considerably cheaper than this ? and when they do the visit lets say they quote me £1400 for instance..when you say barter wuith them :) how much should i try get them down to £1200 ? for cash! cheers again mate..(hope it isnt the same company owned by the kitchen gangster rochdale oldham way) as heard some horror stories

yes the visit is free, i dont know who company is owned by but iv never heard any bad stories. if they say £1400 to start be cheeky and say a grand cash :evil: . at the end of the day they want your money and your in the best position to barter, if you do get it for 1200 then you will be happy i would of guessed :D let me know how it went! cheers

Sponsored Links
yeah cheers advance will let you know after their visit...all carcasses are 18mm..the units come built up..what else should i make sure of besides this..ie adjustable legs,soft close doors,end panels the same as door fronts ie high gloss finish..owt else you can think of cheers again :)

just make sure you get what YOU want. if the carcusses aint the same finish make sure the end panels are included, if you want soft close ask them if they come as standard etc.
i would reccomend you write a specific list of what you want then tell them dont forget to barter :D

had the home design visit today..sample door seems good quality + 18mm carcass is solid even 18mm backboard! carcass is colour coded inside as well, they measured up + gave me a price of £1900 for my plan inc high gloss doors & end panels etc soft close doors anti slam draws etc inc delivery,also units arrive built up... ?? although worktops not incuded & are £95 per 3 metre length.. payment is 10% upfront and then the rest upon delivery 2-4 wks.. i told them i had a quote of £1800 inc worktops from howdens which is true btw..and to see if they can give me a better price/deal than that & we can take it from there.. as its nrly £500 dearer than howdens at the end of the day..upon departure said theyl get back to me this week..if they dont im not going to chase them up tbh

just about to buy my kitchen advance howdens or m &s kitchens from manchester ? if you had to choose on quality which would you go for on a high gloss cream kitchen ? simalar price in the the end although m & s 18mm carcass inc backboard does temt me..its just how the door quality etc compares ? :)

if the prices are similiar then i would choose howdens hands down purely for the guarantee and being a national company etc. to be honest i couldnt tell you the difference in the quality of the frontals as there isnt any lol. its down to you mate! company name and piece of mind or higher spec from a less known company!!! hope whichever you choose goes well for you
:D

hello again advance.. i went to howdens other week & they confirmed my joiners price of my plan of £1800 fair enough i thought + throw in delivery at that price..forget if he said the carcass was colour coded though ? + the backboard is only 9mm (as opposed to m & s kitchens manchester being 18mm ?) do you think this matters at all in the strength of it etc in years to come as my house will end up a btl once ive lived init a while & then found my next house etc ? 2 x 3metre lengths of worktops included in this price,soft close blum doors drawers etc plinth cornice & high gloss end panels decent enough deal really + on the shelf ready to deliver in days... although i have it in my head that im swaying towards the m & s kitchen because of the 18mm solid carcass throughout, colour coded units, completely built up,bullnose cornice,deivery included,+ seems a higher spec slightly ? correct me if im wrong :eek: so ive rang them for the ls 2 weeks about ordering although want to tweet the plan a bit to make sure my stoptap is in the middle of a unit which i dont think it was on the plan the home designer did..i emailed the measurements to them but they said they would rather come out and measure plan it again to get it 100% correct because also the designer who did my plan has now left them and has all the measurements plan info on her laptop! but problem is at moment is that they say their struggling to get a designer to come out etc or they dont have the 3d design software etc ! for crying out loud.. ive been emailing without reply..ringing them but unable to get past the secretary oh hes in a meeting or il get him to ring you back but he doesnt! do they want buisness or not im ready to buy from them but this doesnt inspire me with confidence to have it made/delivered in 2 weeks that they state ? really dont understand what the problem is with them & if they cant do it at least be honest & tell me ffs! called out another company called "KITCHEN UNITS" from rochdale cheaper price etc but high pressure salesman which gets my back up trying to force a sale same night "what do you think" i said i will sleep on it...he said "whats there to think about" ? i said i will be in touch & he left..although sensed this could be something to do with THE KITCHEN GANGSTER from rochdale oldham area etc stay well clear i think... also advance i might be be having a breakfast bar next to the last unit so will need a 4metre worktop and dont think howdens do them but m & s do ? sods law...going to ring m & s for the last time friday see if they can come out otherwise they can ****** im done with them & will have to proceed elsewhere as time is getting on and i want the whole kitchen diner done before christmas so i can move into the house :) rant over etc...any thoughts more than welcome mate cheers again

lol that took a while to read ( slightly hung over and dreary eyed)
its strange that m+s havnt been out iv always found them really good :eek:
they have always delivered on time maybe they do have staff problems, it would be nice for them to be straight up with you though.
if you have lost confidence with them go with howdens but get your worktops elsewhere ;)
there is a plumbers merchants in burnley who do a good range of worktops in lots of sizes including 3 + 4m lengths and 600 and 900 depth and they are ridiculously cheap i bought 2x 4m black gloss worktops for £60 from there last year
but if you can see past the rigmarole of m+s go with them for the better spec.

hello advance managed to get in touch with m & s today from which they said they had problems sending a designer out at moment..i said well we can work it out over the phone as the plan the designer did only wants tweeting a bit and i can check the measurements myself as its only an l-shaped plan not overly complicated,he suggested a few alterations which i will measure sat & take it from there etc...think i am going to change an 800-800mm l shaped corner wall unit for a 625-625mm corner unit as prob look more slimline & not 2 bulky + hes swapped around a 1000mm base unit and a 400mm base unit as my water stop tap + prv fell on the joint of them units so either woudlnt sit back to the wall or no access to the stop tap either cutting a hole out or making a window in the back board..from which it now falls in the 1000mm base unit with 2 doors ? im going for the keld cream advance is this 1 of kitchens of theirs you have seen/fitted by any chance ? if so any opinions/views cheers....+ yeah i will look into the worktops from burnley cheap as you say although have to ask are they good enough quality for this good quality m/s kitchen..i fancy a walnut style if they do them..& finally would you say in your opinion that their kitchens having seen fitted both are of a higher spec than howdens ...thanks again advance :)

at long last, i hear you say :)
iv fitted the keld white gloss which is the same but obviously not cream lol
they are really good quality and look really nice. all of their kitchens i have fitted in the past are still in great condition and iv never had any problems.
burnley plumbers worktops are the same quality as you would get from howdens they are all slightly damaged on the ends, which is why they are cheap. luckily for me when iv bought them iv always needed to trim off past any damage so they have been ok for me and saved my clients a lot of money. and these days thats what it all boils down to:- saving money and getting good quality. a hard combination to find to be honest

thats great advance i will look at their website & possibly take a trip over after work on a fri as im working in keighly at present it only over tops :) kitchen fitter suggested tiling my floor before fitting kitchen over complete floor so as easy to clean under plinths afterwards as well ? thought other way around myself tbh as imperative to get the tiles square to the kitchen plinths and work away from there surely ? hows buisness for you mate you work for yourself doing kitchens all time cheers again advance reassurance is great i can order from them with confidence now :LOL: + who are the plumbers merchants in burnley i will look them up on net firstly cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back