Building a walk in Wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a spare room next to our bedroom and want to dedicate the complete room to walk in wardrobe / dressing room.

At my last house we had the internals done by a professional company that do all the design, draws, rails, Shelfs etc and for what is a small room maybe 6ft x 6ft we paid what I consider a fortune, seem to remember it was well over 2 K, It is very nice but im hoping I can replicate something of similar quality by buying the wood and bits myself and having a experienced carpenter do it.

The room is 15 ft x 14 ft so want it to be really really special.

Can anybody reccomend suppliers of finished wood to complete the project and any tips/ suggestions for the rails etc, My local woodyard only seems to have the standard sawn wood for making boxes . decking etc.

Sponsored Links
You can get pre lacquered veneered MDF that looks very good and far better than the woodgrain Melamine faced boards, though they are not bad either.

Page 2 of this suppliers pdf http://www.edens.co.uk/gfx/ul/files/Veneered.pdf, they also do the woodgrain MFC

this is the pre lacquered oak and this is maple effect MFC

For fittings try Isaac Lord, Woodfit, Dowel.co.uk and any Hafele stockist

Jason

paulpaulpaul";p="1823488 said:
The room is 15 ft x 14 ft so want it to be really really special.
quote]

Think I'd be going for dovetailed draws and pull out shelves if the OP wants something "Really, Really Special" rather than Blum Metbox copies.

J

Sponsored Links
Do your socks really care what they sit in. ;)
Once the draws shut they all look the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back