Kitchen cupboard doors - are these not a standard size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wall cupboards are, externally, W 1200 x H 600mm, with doors around 597mm square. This 597mm is a common figure in the long lists of "standard" door sizes available from various suppliers I've looked at online, but only in one dimension. The only place I can find that sells 597 x 597 ones is IKEA, all the dedicated cupboard door suppliers have almost every other combination of measurements but not what I need.

I'm surprised - is this a really unusual size of cupboard, 1200 * 600, am I going to have to get some custom made?

Sponsored Links
if the doors arnt a few mm smaller they wont open if they are in a row

if the doors arnt a few mm smaller they wont open if they are in a row

Yes, I understand that. My question is more to do with what sizes are expected to be available - I had assumed my cupboards were not an unusual size.

If your kitchen is IKEA that may explain it - those Swedes do not adhere to what everyone else regards as "standard". There are a number of firms out there who will make standard doors to measure for about 20% over the price they charge for standards

Sponsored Links
The maximum 'standard' cabinet width from the majority of suppliers is 1000mm which may account for the difficulty you're having.

600x x 720 (minus a few mm) is a standard size base unit. Sounds like a rather short cupboard door you have.

If you can identify the manufacturer it will get a lot easier.....

Post a pic, I've managed to identify a couple before having seen them in places!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back