Kitchen Cupboard Shelves (wood with white covering)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, not sure if this is the correct forum, so apologies if it's not.

I'm looking to get some more internal shelves for my kitchen cupboards. They are the white coated wooden type that are held by pins inserted into the cupboard interior - so just basic coated wood!

Can anyone recommend where I can get them from? Would B+Q or Homebase sell these???

Sponsored Links
All of the big sheds will be able to sort you out...it sounds like you have the basic melamine coated shelves.
It takes great care when you cut this stuff though, to avoid splintered edges.
John :)

They will certainly cut long lengths to size for you (if you can find anyone not on a tea break) but their machines wont hold short stuff. Also a circular saw may be too rough for the material - best ask the operators advice.
Its easy enough to cut melamined chipboard though, using masking tape over the cut and a sharp tenon saw.
The sheds also do solid pine shelves - more expensive but stronger and more durable.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If you have standard sized cupboards, they will probably do replacement to fit. Look in the kitchen section of a large B&Q. Ikea also sell these in various sizes. Measure the one you have before going into the shop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back