Convert Tall Kitchen Cupboard to Pullout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

is it possible to convert a standard tall kitchen cupboard to pullout (pullout shelves attached to door)? The cupboard is 600mm wide. I'd like to fit basket shelves and it's likely they'll weigh quite a bit when full.

A common size for pullout larders online is 300mm so I wonder if 600mm would need a 'special' cupboard (made of something a bit beefier than the cupboard I want to convert) as the rails would need to be fixed securely.

If this is doable - can you recommend fixings/somewhere to purchase the kit (please)?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link - looks a bit pricy, might need something more DIY. They do up to 500mm so I guess 600mm is considered too wide for this type of system?

Lot of weight involved, even the smaller 300mm units fail quickly when overloaded, 600mm would make the wire unit to heavy to move.
There's no practical alternative to buying a wire unit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link - looks a bit pricy, might need something more DIY. They do up to 500mm so I guess 600mm is considered too wide for this type of system?

What have you decided on? Did you find anything suitable for your job?
I am curious as I have a somewhat larger cupboard I would like to do something similar with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back