Kitchen door - building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am knocking a breakfast room and kitchen through into one room. Also I will be replacing the door that leads from the kitchen through to the lounge.

I would like to use a plank ledged door to fit in with the rest of the cottage but will this satisfy the building regs?

The door opens into the lounge at the foot of the stairs.

Sponsored Links
I know the answer to this but you don't say how old your cottage is,best to check with your local planning dept as your cottage could fall into the listed building catergory as they varies in difference area.They normally very helpful and the advice is free.The reason I'm saying this, I've known people cannot sell the house if work has been carry out without been notified.

Also make sure you have the correct lintel for the walls.

Cottage is 250 years old.

It is in a conservation area but it is not listed.

Sponsored Links
Best to check with your local planning,I'm not up to date on conservation area regulation as they can have difference rules in difference area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back