kitchen extension query!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm about to remove an external wall about 3mtrs long with a 2mtre wall joining it at 90degrees. I'm putting an rsj in with an engineer brick pier on one end. Above is a small split level bathroom. The end result is to double the size of the kitchen. Can i prop up the bathroom with acrows with scaffold board spreaders on the internal and then use acrows with strongboys for the supporting wall? I want to take it all out in one hit! Is this the right thing to do. The bathroom doesn't seem to be carrying too much weight. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Acro props will deal with just about any domestic load so the answer is yes. Just make sure the props are solid, both to and bottom.

Also make sure you have enough room to maneuver the steels into place around the props. We have even laid the steel down before propping so that the steels are on the business side of the props. It does mean having to shovel rubbish from around the steels unfortunately.

Instead of stronboys we use 2m long scaffold tube 'needles' so as to create a wider working area as stongboys tend to leave little working room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back