Kitchen extract

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I am fitting a cooker hood extract fan in my kitchen and the only feasable means of extract is through the flat roof above, weatherproofing the roof is fine but what does concern me is the pipe I am using is a 4" soil pipe I can find caps to shield the top but they all leave the top open as such so there will be a degree of heat loss and also wind noise. does anyone know of a product that I can fit to eliminate this?

Cheers

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Though a tad unsightly, have you considered just using two 90Deg bends, pointing away from the prevailing wind? Just a thought.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Nice one Dave, are they OK on vertical ducts? My concern would be after time would it jam with grease etc if fitted vertically?

The non-return valve possibly won't stop heat loss as hot air rises and there's very little 'pressure' keeping it closed (in your situation), just the weight of two-thirds of the plastic disc.

Have you thought about a mushroom cowl?

bp-above-ground-drainage-soil-vent-systems-universal-soil-fittings-ancillaries-scv40-scv40b.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back