Kitchen Extraction Cowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace ours (see middle pic) which is on an outer wall. It works fine when the cookerhood is switched on otherwise the open/close flap rattles and there's a hell of a draft into the house when the cookerhood isn't in use. I've even tried mounting the cowl at an angle and gluing heavy washers to the flap but it's no better! I also tried the flimsy back draft in line type thing but it fell apart.

The cooker hood provides extraction...I just want an iris type cowl I can open/close independently if such a thing exists. Can anyone advise please?
s-l500.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg f57cf70d-7bb0-4231-81fe-f6b8bfdfbe35.jpg

Gerry.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted a metal version of the in-line one you pictured - it's not the sturdiest thing on the planet but it's a lot better than the plastic ones and has a rubber damping on the flaps so they don't rattle even in the event they blow about.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back