Kitchen extractor hood for use with separate fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know where I can get hold of an extractor hood which basically consists of the hood, grease filters and a connection for a 4" or 6" hose? Want to mount the motor external to the kitchen. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have a bungalow which will have an open plan kitchen / living. Want to mount the motor in the roof, basically because it will be quieter and also I can then use an in-line fan that will actually have some guts to it. Commercial idea really.

It maybe a reasonable idea to choose a cooker hood that you like, and then remove the motor from it....blanking any holes that may appear with duct tape or similar.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Fan quality in hoods depends on the price, they are more than adequate on a good quality unit, little reduction in noise as a remote fan will have to be powerful and therefor noisy thru hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back