Kitchen finishing help/advice required (Twickenham)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I posted the following onto rated people a month or two ago. I didn't receive any replies so I wondered if the pros on here could cast their eyes over it and give me their opinion regarding the time and labour charge.

I started refitting my kitchen about four years ago and it's now become a running joke. I just don't have the time or inclination to finish it so I'm hoping someone can help me. If you'd like to visit and give me a quote please get in touch.

What I have done so far:

Laid new floor tiles
New base cupboards, worktops and top cupboards installed
New sink & waste extractor installed
Dishwasher installed
new hob installed
Stripped old wall tiles from wall and repaired blown plaster

Main items still to be done:

Walls tiled and grouted
Finishing panels and fill pieces installed on cupboards
New skirting boards painting and fitting
ceiling and walls painting
new sockets and switches installing (I might ask my electrician friend to do this)
under cupboard/pelmet lighting solution (I have not purchased anything yet)
Aluminium threshold strip installing between hallway carpet and kitchen floor
Silicone sealing of worktops, sink & hob
New light fitting for ceiling (not yet purchased)
Extractor fan wiring up and venting to the outside (requires hole drilling)

Not sure on the budget but various friends in the trade have told me it should take a pro no more than two days.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice.

Many thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
ps, it's a one bed flat so the kitchen is relatively small. Four square metres of tiling max. Two walls.

No more than two days for which, the kitchen installer , the decorator , or the electrician?
A bit late to be applying silicon, the worktops are likely to be water damaged if they were not sealed at installation and all the joints and gaps full of grease and breadcrumbs.

No more than two days for which, the kitchen installer , the decorator , or the electrician?

I've no idea, hence my request on here for help and ideas. This is simply what the plumber said that fitted my hob. Perhaps he meant a team of two people as it seems a bit much for one person over two days.

A bit late to be applying silicon, the worktops are likely to be water damaged if they were not sealed at installation and all the joints and gaps full of grease and breadcrumbs.

No, they're fine but thanks for your comments anyhow.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

new sockets and switches installing (I might ask my electrician friend to do this)
under cupboard/pelmet lighting solution (I have not purchased anything yet)
New light fitting for ceiling (not yet purchased)
Extractor fan wiring up and venting to the outside (requires hole drilling)

I'd appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice.

Many thanks

Stu
Get your electrician to do all those - it needs a proper sparky :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back