kitchen fitting course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looks like my jobs coming to the end ceramics/sanitary ware,so just thinking if these courses are of any use or just scams.i have been looking at attending one for four days costing £500 ?

Sponsored Links
not really needed
as long as you find the art to boxing in stopcocks, wastes that go uphill, power points next to washing machine supply taps you should be ok.

You forgot boxing in boilers so they're impossible to service/repair.

i knew i forgot the vital one.
smiley_128.gif

Sponsored Links
looks like my jobs coming to the end ceramics/sanitary ware,so just thinking if these courses are of any use or just scams.i have been looking at attending one for four days costing £500 ?

You would have to ask yourself what are you going to come away with at the end of the course. Are they just training on the install of kitchen units.
Are they training on how to make masons mitres to worktops, how to scribe in a worktop etc etc. Plumbing and electrics play an important part.

4 days wouldn't be enough really.

Check out the prospectus and ask for some references from people who have attended previously.

i think you would gain more from working with someone else fitting kitchens, and you would also be earning something while you got the experience even if it is a miminal sum for assisting

thanks to all replys, in the past i have fitted kitchens for friends/family,just thinking of a way in.i am looking for a course that covers the lot (gas,elecs,)as could complete all jobs from floor to ceiling without depending on others,this would save on waiting for them to turn up. i am scratching around at moment trying to find out info, thanks again

you won't get that for £500 gas/electric.
stick to just kitchen fitting.

We also have the essential reversing the live and neutral in the spur to the boiler so it goes to lockout.

who would you work for ? MFI wont be needing you
Do you actually spend time on this kind of post, or is it just how it appears, i.e. that you're typing the first ludicrously pointless thing that enters your head?

Sponsored Links
Back