LOCKSMITH COURSES

Mods - What instructions for burglars ?. I can't recall seeing any info on this thread that could be used to gain access to a property :confused:

Sponsored Links
Going on a Locksmith course is probably the best advice for a burglar anyway.

Burglars haven't got time to play with locks they bar the door or break a window and reach in or pinch your keys.

The only people who use lock breaking techniques are covert operatives who don't want to leave a trace and locksmiths who help people that are locked out.

There are also those who just do it for a hobby.

On a children's ward I worked on a 14 year old boy could unlock the drug trolley, and every nurses locker except mine, because I found a padlock he couldn't break and used it. I learned how to do it aswel, because it was a major delay in the nursing work I had to do to spend ages walking up and down asking who has the keys? The pile a load of extra paper work on nurses but have no thought for helping them through the obstacles to efficient working like giving every qualified niurse on duty a key and a radio linked telephone and door entry control.

At school we worked out a technique to break combination locks. I have never bought a combination lock since.

You should never pick a lock that you rely on - it could be damaged during the picking process.

Drug trolleys should have secure locks - usually lever locks that cannot easily be picked. Filing/locker locks are not secure.

Sponsored Links
The drug trolley lock opened with the greatest of ease, the kid showed me how to do it .

I was legitimate user of the trolley anyway.

Back