Era Locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am trying to get my front door, back door and an internal door between kitchen and back door all suited to the same key

A locksmith has recommended ERA locks (5 lever I think)
Do they enjoy a good reputation?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with ERA locks, and I've had few call backs to the ones I've installed. Also consider ASEC if you're on a budget, as these are re-badged LEGGE, and again have a great reputation. There should be no problem getting either of these makes Keyed-Alike for the 3 doors - but be aware you'll need to re-key all 3 if you lose a key. Make sure the locks are BS3621:2004 kite marked - the latest standard. If ERA, the Fortress lock is the one to go with, not the earlier Profit.

Thanks for the advice

Can I also ask 2 more questions:

I have external storm doors which at the moment have a Yale lock on them
I'd like a more secure lock-what should I be looking for?

Alos, my locksmith has quoted me a price of 330 plus vat to change over 4 existing locks to Era keyed-alike locks plus putting a new lock on the storm door (I cannot recall what lock he recommended here hence question number one)

That seems excessive but clearly the locks themselves may be pricey?

I appreciate there may be a bit of work changing them over but I doubt that labour is going to be huge

Sponsored Links
Price is about right for a locksmith to do the work - based on average rates plus RRP for the locks and KA charges. A lot depends on how much works involved in cutting-in the new locks and frame strikes.
If you want cheaper, buy the locks from the locksmith, and then fit them yourself. based on RRP, I'd estimate around £90-£100 for the 4 KA ERA sashlocks. What you put on the storm door depends on whether it needs to be BS rated, and the material the door is made from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back