Era kitchen door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.. I lost my key to this era lock I have on my kitchen door..need to replace the lock..which one is a direct replacement for it.? Just want to remove handles and insert new lock...screwfix, amazon etc..ta..see pic..

Attachments

• 20210223_065219.jpg
    20210223_065219.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
take it out please, measure the case accurately, all dimensions, including the backset (from front edge to centre of keyhole) and photograph it

The case size is probably about 2 1/2" but will have been changed to a slightly weird metric size. Different brands tend to have slightly different dimensions. Can you use a chisel if you need to enlarge the mortice? The colour of the case paint may be a clue. I see yours has the 1998 BS standard, newer ones have a bigger bolt and have been redesigned.

is this an external door that needs a secure burglar-resisting lock?

Sponsored Links
Thanks ill have to take it out..I'll measure the dimensions...can I not get a replacement key cut?
Cheers

Probably, you would need a real locksmith, though.

Is it an external door that needs a secure, burglar-resistant lock?

So what level of security does it need? Do you have children stealing cakes?

I would take it out as suggested and measure.
Price up an identical lock.
You may find that a locksmith would charge as much for a key as the new lock (which probably comes with two keys.)
a new lock will also not be worn out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back