1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

kitchen fitting

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by billozz, 23 Jul 2020.

1. billozz

billozz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi all i am buying a kitchen and now have to find someone to fit it for me as the company concerned "wren" wanted £2500 to remove the old units and then fit the new ones, which i think is ridiculous. although i really like the kitchen and am happy to buy it i think that is too much. can anyone suggest an idea of cost for fitting please ? i am willing to remove as much of the old kitchen as i can just leaving a sink in place

2. ktuludays

ktuludays

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How big is the kitchen?
    How many units?
    What kind of worktop?
    How many appliances?

Lots of factors to consider but we'd charge a minimum of £3k to fit an average sized kitchen with the minimum appliances. Materials are extra

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Iamchamps

Iamchamps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    £2500 is not far off the quotes from a lot of independent kitchen fitters we had out to quote.

No point paying for a nice kitchen and getting cow boys to fit it, a decent fitter will charge expensive money.

5. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Remember that legal/environmentally sound disposal of a scrap kitchen also costs a fair bit (time, mileage, waste licenses, waste charges etc) and that comes out of the fitter"s fee

6. Sponsored Links
  7. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like a good deal to me. A kitchen or a bathroom is all about the fitting.