Kitchen -> Garage low floor and ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my wife and I have only bought new properties in the past but are now looking at an older house that needs some attention.

The main problem is the kitchen. We'd like to know whether it's possible (and how much we'd be looking at) to knock through the kitchen into a the back end of the garage which it sits next to. The biggest problem we can see is that the garage floor is lower and the ceiling is proportionally low. So if we were to raise the floor to be inline with the kitchen, the roof would be really low. The garage roof is flat and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go.

So is it possible to raise the roof as well as the floor? Or is there something clever I can do with a step down in the kitchen maybe?

Here is a picture of the property.

And the link on right move http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25955337.html

We don't know any builders who we could view the property with so any advice would be appreciated. Unless there is a builder in the Solihull area who would be willing to accompany us in a viewing of the property to give us some advice for a small fee?

Sponsored Links
Its all doable, if you can keep the new roof down below 3m above the ground level you can do it without planning permission, costs I'd hazard would be an easy £10K + the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back