Kitchen handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to update the kitchen door handles and they are 170mm centres but i cant for the hell of me find any on the internet with these centres. I want the D handle type. Any ideas or sites.
Lee

Sponsored Links
Depending on the make up of your doors and drawer fronts if you can't get handles of the correct size it is possible to make up some matching patresses (like big wooden washers really) to fit behind the handles and cover up the exsisting holes.
I used this method once when hanging some oak faced flush doors. Fitted the lock and then being in a bit of a hurry fitted the handle, a full length stainless type, on the same line. Of course come to put the key in and the handle was in the way :eek: :oops: . Couldn't just move it and fill so I made up some patresses in oak to cover up my cock up and nobody noticed . I had to make up enough for the other four nearby doors but it got me out of the brown and smelly.

160mm centres is the more common centre size, you may need to realign your hole possitions, by bringing them in 5mm each holes.
This will allow you to get a secure fitting and the previous holes should be covered up by the fitting so they are not externally visible.

I have seen some 175mm overall length with 160mm centres i assume this would work how you said

Sponsored Links
I have seen some 175mm overall length with 160mm centres i assume this would work how you said
It does not really matter what the overall length is, providing the holes are centred at 160mm and the existing holes are covered by the new handle, which they more than likely will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back