Kitchen Island Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about hardcore/concrete etc new kitchen floor.

I've got the 110mm waste pipe in place for the kitchen island, do I need anything other than a 90 rest bend and 110m pipe coming up out the floor for the above ground plumbing/traps etc?

Attachments

• 20211027_172025.jpg
    20211027_172025.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 181
Sponsored Links
Thanks, well that's nice and easy.

Gonna use a reducer as it comes out the floor but it's what the groundsworkers left me with (have had to take up the oversite they placed as too thin) when they did the extension drains. At least we shouldn't get any blockages

Sponsored Links
Your 110mm pipe is fine, the minimum size for an underground drain in your situation is 3" (82mm), as 82mm underground pipe and fittings are harder to get and usually more expensive 110mm is used.
Only a cowboy would bury 1½" or 2" pvc waste pipe under a concrete floor.

As an aside, you wont need a Rest Bend, they're only required at the base of a stack, a standard 90 will suffice. I would suggest you use a rigid adapter to get from 110 to 40mm, not a fan of the floppy rubber types used internally. Always the risk if the drain blocks they can dislodge, allowing waste to escape into the building.

Your 110mm pipe is fine, the minimum size for an underground drain in your situation is 3" (82mm), as 82mm underground pipe and fittings are harder to get and usually more expensive 110mm is used.
Only a cowboy would bury 1½" or 2" pvc waste pipe under a concrete floor.
Would you still say this if it was only for the kitchen sink?

Would you still say this if it was only for the kitchen sink?

I would. All underground should be 110mm, only reducing at Floor level, even for a Cloakroom Basin. Kitchen sinks can be the worst, I'd rather be getting a fat blockage out a 110mm pipe than a 40mm.

That is good to know but it does not say from where to where, & presumably only if it is buried at a certain depth as internal & external waste pipes often seem to have long smaller size runs.If a 40 mm pipe was in a channel in the floor then tiled over would this advice still be applicable?

Elsewhere in the Part H Document Jim has referred to above it gives the maximum length for Waste Pipes, which for 40mm is 3 metres. If the proposed run can be kept under that distance from the appliance to the points where the pipe discharges, then should be ok, but then you have the issue of getting the correct fall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back