Kitchen oven wiring advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm trying to get a little bit of advice on the folllowing:

I'm installing a new Single Oven appliance, the rating is 3.5kw max. The original plan was to connect this to a CCU under the counter which would be connected to a 13A FCU (above counter) running off the 32A kitchen ring. Now, the chap in the electrical store has advised me that the appliance has the potential to draw slightly more than 13A so he has suggested running a new 2.5MM T+E feed (which is not a problem) to a 20A DP above counter and then connected to a CCU below counter. The only slight query is, the only remaining MCB on my consumer unit is a 40A, would I be best replacing this with a 16A MCB or just stick a 20A in?

I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
I dont understand your setup. What is the hob, if electric whats its rating and how is it supplied? What do you mean by CCU? A cooker switch with a socket?

You are on the right lines though, the oven is about 15 amps. So however its supplied it should be protected, on its own, by a 16 amp device.

Apologies, hob is a seperate 7.2KW electric induction, supplied by a seperate feed on a 32A MCB using 6mm T+E and isolated on a 32A DP switch.

CCU - Cooker connection unit - Like this

p2843919_x.jpg

So I'm okay to buy a 16A MCB and protect it using that?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes, sound ok to me.. ( providing all the de-rating factors for the cable have been taken into account.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back