kitchen pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
some pictures of a kitchen I recently was doing.

was driven nuts until discovered JB in pics.

Was wired by kitch company 10 years ago and tiled over.

looked a good job on the surface with MK and spurs for appliances but was a split ring final with 1 leg feeding this Jb then 2 cables off to multiple skts the other leg fed twin 2 spurs and 2 singles. 30a semi enclosed.

had to rip the place apart to find it

not trying to make any point ............ we all love our pictures

Sponsored Links
looked a good job on the surface

they so often do...

What detection equipment do you use to locate such things?

I've bumbled along with metal/live wire tracers, with eventual success, but treated myself to one of these about a year ago. Can't say I'm overly impressed with it.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

you're right no grommets

As kitchen was being gutted was able to/had to physically trace cables mostly not in zones- with a hammer - have had luck before with a voltstick and a cable close to the surface which led me to a buried "jb" - never tried a metrel cable tracer - but it would be good if it worked.

There is connector under that tape and it was 30a polythene - for the hell of it i tried the terms and they were just thumb tight.

I've had another one in the past where there was a leaking HW cylinder above making the wall wet below this made the wall extremely hot as the water conducted from a hidden jb within plaster.

;)

That cable coming in from the left in the first pic looks suspiciously shiney,,,,, is it lead sheath????

Its really quite a common thing to see in kitchens.

Its the whole reason Part P came in. (tin hat on, hiding under kitchen table for cover)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back