Kitchen plinths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have to fit new plinths in my daughter's new (Moore's) kitchen after she had the floor tiled in karndean and integrated appliances fitted. They will need trimming down along their length as the clearance is now insufficient to slide them along under the cupboards. Should I place them on the floor and scribe along the bottom with a pencil 1/2 a cm or so above the floor? I would then cut along the scribe line with a jig saw I think (I don't have a plane - spose I could borrow one but I've not used one before!).

Is trimming the bottom a good idea since the wood will no longer be sealed? Or should I just trim along the top edge, taking a uniform amount off all along (the floor is pretty level but not perfect). I guess I could varnish along it afterwards if I trim the bottom and I am thinking of fitting plastic plinth seals along the bottom edge afterwards too, for easier removal rather than uusing sealant.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
no trim the top edge,that way if your cut isnt very good the damage will not be seen.use a hand saw you will find it chips out less,if your confident you could use a power saw of some discription.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back