kitchen refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am now refitting my kitchen and have a separate electric oven and hob to install. So do i take it that the fused spur is a spur taken off the normal ring main circuit and the unswitched socket is from the fused spur. I also have the hob to install but seeing as i already have a ccu i will just connect the hob directly to that, or can i link the oven to the hob and then the ccu unit if so what size cable do i use??

your post has been split, please read the forum rules

Sponsored Links
C'mon guys why does my question get the response of read up on part p, when other questions of similar things (i.e wiring in kitchen appliances) get a reply and explanation of how to do it. All i am asking is when i take out the freestanding cooker can i wire the seperate oven into the hob and then into the ccu switch or not, because part p doesn't tell you how to do it. Give me some credit i know a bit more than a lto of people asking questions on here.

Part P tells you that you cant do it without being a qualified electrician with an approved electrical body, or getting building control involved.

Sponsored Links
Ok i understand that, but why in a posting about wiring in a single oven people are telling the person how to do it what is the difference between this post and mine

tinyuser said:
. So do i take it that the fused spur is a spur taken off the normal ring main circuit and the unswitched socket is from the fused spur.

Might be due to above sentance. Also if im not mistaken (I'm not a domestic sparky, just industrial) each appliace needs its own isolator point, so the hob needs one, and so does the oven. Not a joiont one (unless it has two switches). If your lucky someone may fill in the blanks in my info.

It would be dangerous for someone to give you 'do this then that' advice without knowing more about the currrent wiring and setup. You mention a ring final, is this just for the kitchen? Doing the whole house? What size circuit breaker?

What power is the hob? What size is the current cable and breaker linked to the CCU? Etc...

Is your oven a plug in job? whats the rating/wattage of your appliances?

often people connect ovens and hobs to the same cooker outlet, i don't belive this is actually forbidden but it does often violate the manufacturers instructions on overcurrent protection which really isn't a good idea imo.

On the wallthere is a ccu unit which also has a single switched socket so can i connect the hob to the cooker switch and the hob to the switched socket. Sorry guys haven't checked the appliances for output yet as they won't be arriving until the end of the week

Oven to ccu and hob to switched socket? Does the hob come with a plug?

tinyuser said:
On the wallthere is a ccu unit which also has a single switched socket so can i connect the hob to the cooker switch and the hob to the switched socket. Sorry guys haven't checked the appliances for output yet as they won't be arriving until the end of the week

Does the hob have 2 inputs? Where are you connecting the oven? :LOL:

sorry, coundlt resist.

It wont look very good having the wire for the oven coming out of the worktop will it!?

If its a single oven, it will almost certainly plug in. One way to accomplish this is to split the wire from the CCU in the cooker outlet plate. One way to a single socket (for the oven) and the other way for the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back