Kitchen ring circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a end of terrace house, so I've got 4 circuits: lights upstairs, lights downstairs, sockets upstairs and sockets downstairs. The kitchen sockets (2) are in the same circuit as the downstairs sockets. There is also an independent circuit for the gas cooker/hob and 2 other sockets that run from this same circuit.
The question I have is:
Do I need to isolate the sockets in the kitchen and have them on it's own circuit? Or they are fine the way they are?
I am about to put a new floor down, so if any cable is needed this is the right time.
In terms of earth bonding, I was told that all that I need is a 10mm earth cable from the CU to underneath the sink. Is that correct?

I appreciate your support and advice.

Regards,
Lucci

Sponsored Links
Can't answer the bonding part but I think its fine to keep your kitchen electrics as it is i.e. no need for an entirely separate "kitchen electrics" circuit. You already have the hob/oven on a separate circuit. The only suggestion I have is to take those "2 other sockets" you mention that are on the hob circuit, take them off the hob circuit and put them on the downstairs sockets circuit.

Might be better to move this off the floors forum too !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back