Kitchen ring main on 20a MCB?

Sponsored Links
So this is the current setup of my MK consumer unit (i took the cover off). I currently have one more sapce available for an additional MCB, which is why i ask if it will be okay if i put the oven, microwave and fridge on one MCB. Also i noticed that the main switch fuse is 60Amp!! and all the MCB's add up to 110 amp.

And please feel free to comment on the consumer unit. Its been like this for over 25 years.

thanks.

View media item 73018

Sponsored Links
What does the 30a MCB power?

You main supply fuse is probably only 60a

I just swiched off the 30amp fuse and went around the whole house to check the sockets and lights, but all of them were on. Went back in the the basement and found out that it it currently feeding our large chest freezer.
Does this need to be on a 30Amp fuse??

What does the 30a MCB power?

You main supply fuse is probably only 60a

I just swiched off the 30amp fuse and went around the whole house to check the sockets and lights, but all of them were on. Went back in the the basement and found out that it it currently feeding our large chest freezer.
Does this need to be on a 30Amp fuse??

The freezer could be moved onto one of the 20a leaving that 30a to power a cooker which would be ideal.

Or a kitchen radial or ring for sockets.

The freezer could be moved onto one of the 20a leaving that 30a to power a cooker which would be ideal.

Or a kitchen radial or ring for sockets.

Thanks Andy, Would the 30amp fuse be okay to supply the cooker, microwave and fridge on a radial circuit?

Oh I guess I should have re read the thread.

Is the CU a long way from the kitchen making it difficult to run cables?

A single 2.5mm cables shouldn't be connected to a 30a

If your having a new kitchen you should get an electrician in to give it a decent supply.

Which should result in a new CU with rcd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back