Kitchen sink drain pipe has fallen off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drain pipe under my sink has been knocked off it looks like some sort of adhesive was used to fix it in place. Can any one let me know what's the best way to re-attach the pipe to my metal sink?

Attachments

• 1439546860885-1883897950.jpg
    1439546860885-1883897950.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,934
Sponsored Links
If you have basic fit knowledge, then it should be a doodle.

I've used this stuff on sticking everything to everything, it's an industrial strength silicone made available to domestic and commercial use.

This is one advert that is actually true! :D

I buy mine at £9.50, but you can get it cheaper online.

You can use it in a wet situation, but it will be even better if you wipe/blow dry the metal sink for a stronger join.

That's plumbers mait you can see on the gasket. It wouldn't have been stuck but clamped from the plughole above, usually the centre ring which the plug spindle goes through tightens it up. However, it looks like yours has broken off so it may have been over-tightened or there is too much tension on the waste pipe in its final position. You'll have to replace the pop up waste assembly as the gasket needs to be compressed to form a water tight seal.
gluing the gasket to the waste and sink will probably be a mess and fail due to the weight of the assembly and trap.

I think I will try the CT1. If it doesn't work I'll get someone out, it sounds a bit to complicated for me to replace the waste assembly gasket. The plug hasn't worked since I moved in so I'm not worried about getting that fixed at the moment.

Sponsored Links
The only problem with sticking it back together is that if it 'lets go' then you will have a sink full of water pour into your cupboard.

A replacement is a very easy fit - don't bodge, repair

It looks to me that it was originally bodged when it was fitted and the Plumber got away with it.

Now is the time to replace the fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back