Kitchen sink won't unblock and I'm running out of ideas.

I would, as if they are then there may be an issue that isnt down to you to sort out. Is the block managed by a company? As I say, I dont know how flats "work".

Yes the flats are managed, but we've been living with damp for 4 years and nothing has been done, I'm not hopeful they'd sort this problem out! I'm giving it my all with the plunger again!

Sponsored Links
After all that. I thought I'd give it another go with the plunger and it just cleared! I can't believe it. I did put bicarbonate of soda and vinegar down the sink last night, I don't know if that helped. Thank you ever so much everyone for taking the time to help me out, you've been great. I can't believe how happy I am over an unblocked sink :D

Some wastes are push fit & can come apart when plunging ?? be careful with some drain cleaners they will discolour chrome plate ! B&Q recently removed a load from there shelves due to an accident that happened to one of there customers ? never mix chemicals ? hydrochloric acid mixed with bleach will produce ? well u do not want to find out

Had a blocked waste pipe ?? if u could call it that ? installed by a custumer , that could not be unblocked ?? & why because he put 2 traps on it :D

Sponsored Links
I've given everything a good clean and I've got a food catcher for the sink. Fingers crossed it won't happen again. Thanks again for your help :)

does anyone in your home pour cooking fat down the sink?

After all that. I thought I'd give it another go with the plunger and it just cleared! I can't believe it. I did put bicarbonate of soda and vinegar down the sink last night, I don't know if that helped. Thank you ever so much everyone for taking the time to help me out, you've been great. I can't believe how happy I am over an unblocked sink :D

you need to get out more :LOL:
but i do know what you mean!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back