Kitchen Tap Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My mums kitchen mixer tap is leaking. Its at the bottom of the neck where it goes in to the main body. Am I right in thinking the neck will pull out from the main body and there will be an oring round the neck? If so, what will I need to repair it so I can just run in the back door, repair it and get out?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
An awful lot of good luck if you want to do it that quickly !!
Usually have a grub screw ,Allen key or screwdriver to undo it ,and O ring seals to replace. If tap has limescale build up ,may need cleaning or new seals won't work. Good luck.

Yeh I just mean because we’re in this pathetic lockdown, I can only do repairs then get out. Kitchens only a year old, so should be clean, and am hoping its just a seal. Can anyone recommend where to get them, or would it just be a standard rubber oring?

No standard size . Take the spout to a plumbers merchant with the seals ,for them to match. Don't waste your time going to sheds like B&Q. Screwfix etc.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what I meant was is it a basic rubber o-ring, rather than a shaped seal? So, could I just get a pack of various sized orings?

You won't know until you take it apart. There are hundreds of taps and I have already told you there is no standard size of O ring , some have more than one.Some have a tapered seal. There's nothing to stop you buying various sizes though ,you never know you might be lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back