Kitchen Tap Loose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The whole body of the kitchen tap is loose. I've felt underneath and there doesn't seem to be a locking nut? What do I need to do to tighten it back up? Photograph of the tap and one from underneath.

Thanks

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Sponsored Links
Can you lift the whole tap out? There should be a nut, but can’t see it because it should be the other side of your flexi hoses.

I had another feel (can't get my head in) and there is a screw thread with a small nut. Better photo below. is this it? Doesn't seem big enough?

$_57.JPG

Sponsored Links
So just a matter of tightening it a bit then?

I was starting to think the tap was somehow screwed into the sink....

Edited other reply, yes, should just want tightening up, a monobloc spanner should sort you out, they’re about £5.

Can I buy a set of those - I'm guessing that the nut is about 1cm across? But I'm probably out.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back