Loose kitchen taps (monobloc)

1 Aug 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
My Kitchen taps are loose, and move when I turn the spout. I can only just get access to the tightening nut underneath. Can anyone recommend a tool to tighten this nut please? The nut is the long hexagonal nut that runs down next to the supply pipes.
Sponsored Links
A socket set with extension....even a pound shop one will do for that job...nowt else tho`. I got Britool for me motor:cool:
Best to get extra deep sockets, since the nut may have to be reached when there is still a lot of the threaded stud in the way. I think the nut/socket sizes will be around 12mm, but if you get a set around that size, it should cover it.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local