Kitchen Tap noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My tenant has just provided a video regarding the kitchen tap that is making a noise when turned on, it's progressively got worse over the week. He said it makes a noise even if other taps in the house are opened, no issues with water flow and no leakages anywhere.

Not able to upload video.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Without hearing or having a description of the noise then I'm not sure what you are expecting, there are loads of things can make a tap make lots of different noises. One is if the location has higher mains pressure then it could be a worn 1/4 turn ceramic valve complaining.

Sponsored Links
Yup +1 ... a worn/loose ceramic disc by the sounds of it, does it change when you open another outlet? Do you have good mains water pressure?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yup +1 ... a worn/loose ceramic disc by the sounds of it, does it change when you open another outlet? Do you have good mains water pressure?
Mains pressure is still good and the noise also happens when other taps around the house are opened, 2 bathrooms.

Mains pressure is still good
the question about the mains pressure is that worn ceramic valves tend to complain when the mains pressure is good as it's the water pressure pushing past the ceramic plate that makes it chatter. New valves required I would think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back