Kitchen Taps - Flexible Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Recently the flexible connector to my tap was leaking. Disconected it all and say the tap was also corroded (was a cheap tap).

Have purchased a new tap and new connectors but they are 300mm and not long enough (connector screws onto the hot/cold pipes and has a 12mm thread that connects to the underside of the tap).

Spoke to the guy at the local plumb suppliers and he game me a brass looking extender that screws onto the top of the feed pipe and then the flexible screws into it. All hooks up no problem but when the supply is back on, water leaks from extender, must not be making a sealed connection properly.

Am I some washers away from sorting this or do I need something else?

Cheers for any advice!

Sponsored Links
washers inside or ptfe tape round the threads ;)

Washers inside and ptfe tape (useful stuff that!) around the threads done.

Hot water pipe working great.

Cold water pipe has 1 irritatingly small drip of water coming through, literally a tiny amount that takes about 10 minutes to collate and then drop. I've undone the connection and put on more tape but still the same issue. I'm guessing this is due to the cold water pressure being much higher than the hot. Will it right itself after a while or should I look to do something else?

Cold water pipe has 1 irritatingly small drip of water coming through, literally a tiny amount that takes about 10 minutes to collate and then drop. I've undone the connection and put on more tape but still the same issue. I'm guessing this is due to the cold water pressure being much higher than the hot. Will it right itself after a while or should I look to do something else?

If you have a ballofix valve, you could reduce your water pressure slightly by closing the valve off a touch.

I had a similar problem previously to the one which you have described. I too had to replace some flexi connectors and the new ones were shorter than the existing. I just extended the existing 15mm copper with compression fittings and a short lenth of new pipe and then fitted the new flexi's

Can't shed any further light on why your cold flexi is still leaking unless it over..s t..r..e..t..c..h..e..d

Hope the above helps but I am no Plumber :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Yes, it probably will stop after a day or so ;) Just leave something under it to catch the drips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back