Kitchen taps with perlators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current kitchen tap is a nightmare when the water it turned on too far as it splashes all over the place. I've been looking at a Franke tap which comes with a perlator.
Am I right in thinking a perlator will let air mix with water to minimise splashing and reduce consumption (unless you need a certain amount of water)!

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to turn your tap on so far?

Its like saying my car goes too fast when I push the accelerator pedal down!

A flow restrictor in the supply pipe would be cheaper.

If there is an isolating valve as there should be then that could be partially closed to restrict the flow.

Tony

Nice analogy but I'm not talking about turning to maximum so it's not relevant in this case.
They can even cause excess splashing when hitting a cup or something else in the sink when only turned to a third.
They're a cheap set of taps which came with the sink and I'd like to replace them anyway due to another problem with them so I've already factored in a cost.

There's no isolating valve (on show anyway), just a couple of 90 degree fittings entering the cupboard then onto the tap pipes. Fitting a restricting valve would be very difficult in this case.

If you have a high water pressure then a pressure reducing valve to reduce to pewrhaps one Bar might be another suggestion.

The local water co should be able to say what the pressure is likely to be or you could buy a gauge for about £18.

About 1 Bar might be more convenient. In London few properties have more than 1 bar at 10 li/min.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back