Cold Water Tap Question

no no no... I didn't deliberately put stones anywhere... they must have entered pipe through pipes being fitted under ground. I tape ends up but someone must have forgotten to...

IF you have an isolation valve, close it, disconnect tap pipework and run wter into a bucket, maybe via a flexi tc. Flow ok there?

Sponsored Links
Flow is fine as when it comes down the wall to the cold tap, its also got a T piece for a dish washer if i remove that and use a pipe, the flow is fine, runs smooth. so not problems there

I can narrow it to the tap its self....

Just need to know if there is anything can be done with the tap, or its a replacement job

Wait up dont talk to me like i am some 5 year old that doesnt understand ....
Your response indicated that you far from understood a perfectly clear initial view of possible diagnostics
some forum member you are
I heartily apologise. We occasionally get questions asked on here with and the advice provided has been subsequently misunderstood. Personally, I found the tone of your reply to my free advice, based on numerous experiences of problems such as yours, somewhat insulting.
Let me explain something to you

ALL MY COLD WATER TAPS COME FROM A MAINS SUPPLY NON ARE FROM A COLD WATER TANK WHAT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT!
Absolutely nothing, now that you have finally got round to mentioning it. If you had clearly stated that all cold water taps were fed by the mains in the first place, then I wouldn't have suggested my initial diagnostic. You made reference to the hot water being slow, which indicated that you may well have a gravity fed water supply to the (non-kitchen) taps, which is quite normal.
and no there is no stones/blockages as EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE it is just the kitchen tap on cold!!!!!
There really is no need for you to shout using block capitals and exclamation marks. If you provide full and clear details and accurate clarifications as and when needed, we can hone in to the likely problem and hence possible solution. With regard to your statement that there "is" (I prefer the plural "are", but I'll let that pass) no "blockages", this is quite probably true armed now with some more facts. However, as you will no doubt be able to work out eventually, it doesn't rule out a blockage along the final bit of pipe (after the tee) leading to the kitchen sink, nor within the tap itself.

So, before you call a plumber in (may god help him/her if you're as unpleasant when he/she suggests anything to you), you may wish to tell us what sort of tap you have (we know it's a mixer, but there are different sorts) and a picture would be the most accurate assistance since it will help us explain what can be dismantled and how.

Just need to know if there is anything can be done with the tap, or its a replacement job
There's only one thing that needs replacing - and that's your attitude.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back