Kitchen Units/Bathroom Suite - Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning on doing some work in the kitchen/bathroom and it’s possible that there are some slight damp issues. I plan on getting the issue treated and then either plaster straight onto the wall or use plaster or MR boards/batons.

If I go down the board route, I want to ensure I have a solid base on which to attach the units, suite, etc. A friend has suggested to use moisture resistant plywood but my concern is:

- Will it eventually soak up moisture and then cause further issues?
- Are there any other suggestions on materials or ideas for creating a solid mounting surface?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D
Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you are having the issue treated, then sounds like a reasonably idea to me. Alternatively, if you already know how the kitchen is to be planned and unit positions and sizes, then you could add additional cross timbers/batons to accommodate the unit fixing points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back