Kitchen waste backing up & Cast iron stack & strap o

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an insane length for a kitchen waste (over 5 meters) & the fall is quite shallow in sprite of there being enough clearance from the floor to have given it more angle. I also have a washing machine & dishwaster connected to this run.

I'd like to lower the entry to the stack at least from the washing machine & dishwasher or install a seperate run for them but the stack is cast iron & communal (one other flat). I've been advised it would be too expensive to get a plumber in to cut this & was wondering if there is a strap on boss with a cutting tool suitable for cast iron stacks.

Also I've heard there is regulation regarding this if a toilet uses this stack too.

So far i'm tempted to simply fit an access eye & rod the waste pipe & fit a non-return valve for the washing/dish but would prefer a more permanent solution really. Another suggestion was to fit a saniflo though I'm not keen on that at all.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I would fit a SaniShower unit after all appliances have joined main waste, they are much cheaper than The SaniVite, but only have one inlet and outlet, so you can't put individual appliances into it. As long as you can get a decent fall after last appliance to the unit, you should be fine

Thanks.

Is it not worth separating the machines from the sink waste & installing a seperate run? If so is a strap on boss available for a cast iron pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back