kitchen waste pipe problem, different 40mm? HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having problems connecting my kitchen basin waste pipe as the exit was too high (about knee height) and the U-bend ended up beneath it. So I have created a new hole which is lower. The problem is that the main pipe it connects to is a different 40mm to the pipe I have and I have connected it rather brutally and now is leaking.

Is there a 90 degree bend that will reduce my push fit 40mm pipe into the weld based one outside and if so do you know an online retailer? Would appreciate any help as the sink is out of action and the wife is not happy.

Many thanks,

V

Sponsored Links
You need a 40mm 90D compression waste fitting. This will fit most differing sizes of 40mm waste.

Go to your local plumbing outlet and get it, otherwise online you will end up probably paying more for postage than the part its self :eek:

Thanks Dave, I'll give that go. This sage has been going on for ages. I thought I was going mad when the outside pipe had a 40mm internal diameter which was too big for the 40mm push fit bend. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back