Kitchen: What is the difference between End Panels and Clad on Panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking through the B&Q kitchen stuff. I need end panels for the base units. Though there are listings for 'Replacement end panels (for white cabinet)' and 'Clad on Panels'

Looking them up online they look like the same thing?! Just blank panels (in Ivory) except

Driving me mad as I can't find an explanation anywhere :-\

Sponsored Links
cabinet end panels replace the side panel on the unit.

clad on panels are normally 18-20 wider and are fixed to the unit which are then flush with door

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. So with the cabinet end panels, they go right down to the floor, covering up the gap with the legs?

Sponsored Links
Ah yes. is it best to cut the skirting at the end board or make a cutout in the endboard for the skirting to continue?

I'm ordering a tall larder cabinet and one side is exposed so I guess I should not bother with the white larder cabinet (as it is just two side panels) and just get the larder end panels.

depends what you most comfortable at doing. I have a multifein so I tend to cut a chunk out the skirting board. Agree on the end panels for larder unit also if you have a oven housing it's good to have a end panel either side of the housing unit ( just buy one and cut it down the middle) regards david

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back