Kitchen Worktop Dilema HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a panic today my wife accidentally left a hot saucepan on the laminate kitchen worktop, leaving a discolored halo mark in the mottled dark grey finish!! Anyone got any hints on what could help decrease its prominence or remove it completely. Help.. thanks

Sponsored Links
i could be wrong :cry: :cry:

but i think your looking at a cutting board to disguise it

you may be able to slightly reduce the discolouration by using an abrasive polish but i doubt you will have any luck
you will have to wait for someone with a miricle solution to come allong

how bad or deep is the dammage!!!!!!!
have you got a picture!!!!

The shape is a circular ring shape, fainter on one side thah the other. Its lightened in the ring area. Tried cleaners etc so far but to no avail. Any other ideas.

options i know off

cover with chopping board or other decorative feature
route out out affected area insert flush heat proof glass chopping board or
raised beech block or
flush beech or other cutting block with the space undrrneath open into a sutable container for your waste[lift the block up tip waste into opening

replace part or whole worktop length
patch replacement not an option in my humble oppinion as the oblong joint will stick out like a sore thumb

not much use i know sorry :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Go to B&Q get some pan stands, you get 6 in a pack, and they just glue onto your worktop, these should hide the mark.

what type of finish does your worktop have ?
If its the mottled type lacquer finish (textured touch) then theres not much you can do.
If its the smooth finish then you could try a high grade wet n dry to remove some of the tarnish.
Failing that cut away the offending area with a sharp knife, tape the area off so the surrounding area so the damaged area is visible and worktop covered then fill with a fine filler, car body perhaps, when dry sand it back taking care not to sand the worktop then apply colours, you may have to source the paints from a model shop say, try and get the best match.
Failing that its cutting boards or new worktops im afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back