Kitchen worktop problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my kitchen two bits of worktop arent quite aligned properly. It doesnt seem easy to adjust as cabinets would need cutting etc i think.

One bit is ever so slightly higher than the other and therefore the colour fill comes out overtime as its near the sink.

Any ideas as to what i could do with this? I was thinking superglue and then colourfill on top might work? Or Silicone?

Grateful for advice!

Attachments

• IMG-6537.JPG
    IMG-6537.JPG
    506 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG-6539.JPG
    IMG-6539.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
Don't just smear a layer across the top, pack in as much as possible a little at a time and keep smearing layer after layer until no more will go in then wipe smooth.

Don't wait between smearing for the previous bit to set. You need to pack it in as far as it will go.

I'm not a kitchem fitter so this is the only way I can think of to try and stop it falling out over time. the thicker/deeper the filler the less likely to break out.

It doesnt seem easy to adjust as cabinets would need cutting etc i think.

One bit is ever so slightly higher than the other

cabinets have screw-legs that allow the cabs be be adjusted up and down.

The two pieces of worktop should be connected with a special fitting that pulls the tightly together. I don't suppose yours have them, but check, and tighten if loose.
https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/search?SearchText=worktop+connector

I'm sure you need a flexible silicone sealant in the gap; filler will crack.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back