1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen worktop problem

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by Diybeginner5, 16 Sep 2019.

1. Diybeginner5

Diybeginner5

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In my kitchen two bits of worktop arent quite aligned properly. It doesnt seem easy to adjust as cabinets would need cutting etc i think.

One bit is ever so slightly higher than the other and therefore the colour fill comes out overtime as its near the sink.

Any ideas as to what i could do with this? I was thinking superglue and then colourfill on top might work? Or Silicone?

Grateful for advice!

Attached Files:

2. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Don't just smear a layer across the top, pack in as much as possible a little at a time and keep smearing layer after layer until no more will go in then wipe smooth.

Don't wait between smearing for the previous bit to set. You need to pack it in as far as it will go.

I'm not a kitchem fitter so this is the only way I can think of to try and stop it falling out over time. the thicker/deeper the filler the less likely to break out.

3. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    cabinets have screw-legs that allow the cabs be be adjusted up and down.

The two pieces of worktop should be connected with a special fitting that pulls the tightly together. I don't suppose yours have them, but check, and tighten if loose.
    https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/search?SearchText=worktop+connector

I'm sure you need a flexible silicone sealant in the gap; filler will crack.

4. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks like it was cut using a blunt spoon?