Kitchen worktop puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm planning fitting new kitchen and need some advise on worktop - the layout attached. The inset sink goes to the very corner leaving only about 4cm gap between sink cutout and the wall.
The max length of the worktop which can be delivered to the property is 2.6m (staircase restriction) and I'm after stone one. So my puzzle is where to put joint - I believe it cannot go under sink, but what about bridging? I've received quotation from one fabricator and they advised to put one joint in the middle of hob cut - is this ok at all?
Any help please

Attachments

• Worktop layout.JPG
    Worktop layout.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
Can you put a full length worktop in through a window instead of up the stairs?

Hi Alan, that was my very first idea, but it's 2nd floor flat, window height is about 8m, so not an option

I'd try to keep the strength at the cutout areas. How about putting a long length in and putting a fairly small cut at the bottom, after the hob? It might look silly tho, such a small cut.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that it's only 50cm between hob and the wall and remaining length from hob till the end of the w'top in that direction is 2.75 which is still longer than allowed.

What about bridging around hob?

And on another note- should I trust the company which offered cut in the middle of hob? They are absolutely sure that this wouldn't compromise w'top at all..... It would be a really good solution but my googling leaves me very sceptical about this option...

Rather than compromise the kitchen (joints either under the sink or hob will be weak and look bad) arrange access through the window. Scaffold tower or ladders and ropes will work - We did the same thing last week in exactly the situation you have.

Hi Newboy, any chance you could let me know which company you used? I contacted few and nobody confirmed they could do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back