kitchen worktop router bits cheap or quality???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im needing some router bit for jointing a kitchen worktop,are the cheap ones for around 5 quid any goodseen plenty on ebay or should i be buying some quality ones like trend etc,also ive been told that one bit will only do one ir two cuts at the most,no matter which i choose

Sponsored Links
If it's for a one off job it doesn't matter too much. If you use them regularly then I'd go for quality every time. Worktops are hard on router bits but I certainly got far more than two cuts out of them (the good ones).

I ain't not no chippy, but got a tip from one to make the router bits last longer:

Do your first plunge pass which cuts neatly through the laminate, then cut the rest of the way through the worktop with a jigsaw and make a final pass with the router to finish off the cut perfectly.

He did that with mine and it took about 2 minutes! :eek:

Sponsored Links
The jigsaw (or any saw) tip is a good one

I use the silverline bits - about £10 for a set of 4, and I find that the two 50mm bits will do at least 6 joints/edges and you end up with spare 65mm bits and the trimmer bit after a while.

I can't see any point is buying expensive bits for a one-off kitchen

Amazon - £9.23 delivered currently :cool:

Or Toolstation as there is a counter near me, but cost a bit more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back