kitchen worktop too low for the dishwasher - help me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I have just had a new kitchen fitted and wanted a free standing slimline dishwasher but the kitchen fitter has only left 840mm from the floor to worktop. John Lewis suggested I take off the top from the dishwasher so it will fit under - is this ok? If so, any ideas on the best dishwasher to do this? Alternatively does anyone :( know of a slimline dishwasher that isn't 850mm high?

Sponsored Links
No, but why not browse some of the large online supplier's catalogues, such as Biasco?

Rgds.

Is that a no I can't take the top off a dishwasher, or no there isn't a slimline dishwasher on the market that is less than 850mm high? Tried the Biasco website but the dishwashers on there are standard height

Have you tiled down to the work top? if not then it is not difficult to raise the height by adjusting the legs. Call the kitchen fitter back if he has installed it too low for appliances to fit under.

Sponsored Links
A Bosch slimline dishwasher will be ok with lid removed and comes off very easily. Should reduce the height by about 50mm. Just be careful nothing falls inside..Got kids?!??! Perhaps put a thin piece of wood over the top or raise applaince via adjustablefeet until it fits snug under the worktop. :D

I have taken the worktop off several Bosch dishwashers (full size).

There are a couple of screws at the back going up into the top, then it slides off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back