How to slide dishwasher under the worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought a dishwasher, which I hope to install myself. However, I do not have much experience in DIY.

My question is -- how can I slide the dishwasher under the kitchen worktop. I am afraid that if I just push it from front, I can damage the dishwasher, it may loose alignment or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can, get some adhesive felt pads and attatch 'em to the legs....that way when you drag it in or out, you wont scuff your nice new wood (or tile) floor.

Someone once recommended that I use washing up liquid to slide a washing machine in. They ommited to mention that it would dance around as soon as you use it!!!

Dishwashers are comparatively light so I just sit on the floor and push them with my feet. The door is often weeker than the "plinth" section.

Sponsored Links
if you have room, put it on rollers "Easy Gliders" or similar

You will get about 25mm off the total height if you take the worktop off (instructions in the manual)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back