Fitting a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a dishwasher and the only space I have is a cupboard approx 60mm wide, which is the end unit under the worktop. If I was to use this space, for a slimline 45mm integrated model, what would happen to the door? Would I be able to attach the 60mm door? or would I need a new 45mm door, if so, where do I find out where my kitchen units were bought from!?
Or would I be able to get a non integrated model and put it inside the cupboard. Ideally I want the dishwasher hidden.
Thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just a thought but why not remove the cupboard and replace with a 600mm built in dishwasher. That way you could use the cupboard door.

I have just recently installed a dishwasher myself. I was pushed for room at the rear on the appliance because most dishwashers are as deep as the units. I opted for Hotpiont due to the dimensions. Some models are not quite as deep as most others!

Word of caution, check the depth to the wall available carefully.

V

Hi,

I own an appliance company and a kitchen manufacturing company.

It will be very difficult for you to find out who built your kitchen as often the suppliers do not leave anything to suggest they built/fitted it.

You will not be able to fit a larger door to a smaller appliance - and a 450mm door will look odd in a 600mm space.

The best solution has already been suggested - get a 600mm integrated appliance and fit the appropriate door. (or fit a stainless steel door covering if it looks okay in your kitchen)!.

[removed]

Regards - and I hope this helps

Jamie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back