Kitchen Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had my quartz kitchen worktop installed but I noticed that it's not lying flat on the sink unit carcass. The sink I have is a acrylic and very heavy (23kg). I asked the installer if the quartz would sag over time if not supported properly but he said no. I haven't installed the sink yet but I was wondering if it was safe to do so given the worktop does not have full support underneath? I think one of the supports to the right might be too tall which is why the worktop is not lying flat.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20200713-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200713-WA0004.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 258
Sponsored Links
Too little info , pic does not show where the sinks going or the problem ? What type of sink, undermount ?

It's the sides of the carcasses that are weightbearing, not the front edge, so as long as these are all level and flat against the underside of your worktop you should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back